Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Break up bootcamp: Week 1

At some point we all go through one of those break-ups that make us feel like the world is ending and we just want to pull out the romance movies and indulge ourselves in a bucket of ice cream. HOWEVER, instead of looking at this break-up as a tragic even, we need to look at it as a chance to begin a new life for OURSELVES. That's right-it's time to quit thinking about what makes him happy and it's time to focus on what makes US happy. I'm creating a break-up bootcamp for everyone, including myself, and we'll work on conquering goals that we set out for ourselves and working through this chapter of our lives together! Each week will be a new step towards moving forward with our lives :).

Week 1 Challenge:
-Throw out every memory that reminds you of your ex; seeing these things around will only remind you of the good times, not the bad.
-Delete texts, pictures, number- anything else that will make you want to contact him.
-WRITE THAT ANGRY LETTER YOU'VE WANTED TO WRITE FOR SO LONG, BUT NEVER HAD THE BALLS TO DO IT AND KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF OR BURN IT! (This will help to give you closure).
-Do not contact your ex it will only slow down the process of moving on with your life!
-Instead of reminiscing of just the good times you shared, also think about what the other half does that hurts you and affects you. Is it worth to compromise your life and your mental well being?
-Sounds cliche, but think happy thoughts :)

Week one's challenge is centered around the initial steps needed to take to progress on with your life. I've went halfway through this process then caved in just to go back to a crappy relationship; it is not worth it. 9 out of 10 things will never change.

If you all would like feel free to write your letters in the comment box! We're all here to support each other.

My Letter.
Dear Asshole,
Four years I've wasted, waiting for you to be my prince charming. Four years I walked around on egg shells afraid that the slightest little thing would make you leave me. Four years I let you control the way I looked, how I felt about myself, and made me wish I was dead. Four years I dealt with the cheating, lying, and the hurtful name calling. Four years I gave up being a teenager for a relationship that you didn't even care about. Four years, and guess what I'm done! No longer will I let you or anybody ever make me feel like I'm not worthy of living. Never will I let myself be made as someone's last priority, and never again will I put someone that doesn't give two shits about me before I ever put myself. I gave you all of my teenage years, for nothing. Now it's time for me to be me without you influencing my life anymore.


4 comments:

Rita said...

Hey Jenny, it's Rita :)

I haven't had a boyfriend in a really long time, and I've never had anything strong enough to make any of my break ups sad. Really, all the guys I've ever dated I've broken up with, and it hasn't been for reasons where they've done something wrong. I just broke up with them. Although I won't need your bootcamp, I hope that your blog becomes successful :)

♥JennyLee said...

Thank you girly, not looking to be successful though just really need support thank so much though means a lot!

DY Hair777 said...

These hair extensions are looking very beautiful.Thanks for this nice post. Please Visit:

Cheap Clip In Hair Extension
Virgin Hair Fantasy
Curly Hair Extensions

Harish Kumar said...

Thank you admin for posting this wonderfull blog.
Indian Human Hair Online